Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Birthday Fun!

So, I went to Utah today with my Dad to run some errands.... It ended up being quite the experience!
Dad and Jason ended up running errands, and I was left to stain the fence at Grandma's. I started staining the fence and all of the sudden the sprinklers turned on! :) Just my luck! (Remember my last name?!) So I relocated, because I didn't know how to turn the water off. It was about 10:30 and I ran out of stain, so I began to clean up.... well when I turned on the hose out back of Grandma's house, I could hear some stirring in the kitchen inside. Aimee is out of town for the week, so Aunt Doreen is staying there to keep her company. All of the sudden I hear from inside,
"My hell, there is someone outside! Who is out back?"(gma)
"I think that is your grand-daughter" (doreen)
"By hell, I don't have a grand-daughter, who is in my back yard?"
By this time, I could've gone in or at least turned around to let her see my face, but I was having just a little too much fun listening to them.

"I'm sure that is your grand-daughter" (doreen)
"You've lost your mind, who is that?!"(gma)
"Hi Grandma!" (Me)
"My goodness it is my grand-daughter!!" (gma)

I just laughed. There is nothing like listening to these two ladies. If you ever need a laugh, just sit in the same room as them for about 10 minutes. I continued to clean up, then went inside to visit with them until Dad and Jason got back. I've never laughed so hard! Got to love it. I hope when I get to be their age I can be just as crazy as them, and have just as much fun and not even realize it! It's definately better then hating life at that age I think! :) Just thought I'd share my adventure of this morning with ya'll!!

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to being crazy with you! :) This is our glimpse at the future you know. Oh the crazy times we have ahead. I hope you had a happy birthday. I loved seeing you! :) Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey can i be crazy with you too? I wouldn't want to miss out on any of the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that other people get to see the glimpse of what will happen when we are lucky enough to be that old. It's in our blood. Ha, ha, ha... You'll have to have Jason tell you the story about what they were going to have for dinner. Aunt Dorene's hearing aids weren't turned up and I guess the neighbors all got to hear that conversation...Did he tell you about their walk later on that night... he lost them for a couple hours. Getting old is going to be a blast. Tascha you can join us. I just want to know Carolynn which one you are going to be... Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete